Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Big Sell

In my previous life as a working adult, I was in sales. I've done everything from copier sales to internet advertising sales, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I even pitched some pretty big accounts, if I could toot my own horn for a moment. I've stood in front of executives from McDonald's, Travel Centers of America, and The Cleveland Clinic (you know, not to drop names or anything...). I didn't win them all, of course, but I did well enough.

So tell me, why is it that I can't win my two year old over, even once?

The "Where Bear" was not the instant hit I thought it would be. And I spent a good three minutes coming up with that idea! Hmph.

She seemed excited enough about him this morning, but I'm assuming now that was only because he was sitting by her favorite toy, the Magna Doodle. After one good look-over, and a 5-minute introduction from me, she was over it. Maybe I need to pare down my features and benefits spiel.

I am not anything if not persistent though, and so I will keep trying. Why, you ask? Because, well, why not? I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. This Momma needs all the help she can get. Sometimes I lack the energy, creativity and tenacity needed to keep up with Abbey. Some days I run out of tricks by 10am! And then what? We all know I'm the least spontaneous person on earth. So that's why I thought the bear would be good for both of us.

If I'm held accountable by my blog to make this bear go places, then by golly, he's going places. Whether or not Abbey cares, that dang bear is going to make us get up, get out of the house, and have ADVENTURES. Yes, that needed to be shouted.

In fact, love him or not, I think tomorrow will our first adventure. I'm thinking Tot Time at the library. Yeah, yeah... I'll get creative next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment